Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Whole 30 Day 5


I'm super excited to share today's post with you all! Remember that new protein dish I hinted about yesterday? Well it turned out fantastically! It really was super yummy and I'm excited to eat the leftovers for the next...two meals or so? But before I can share that, I need to share another new recipe I tried yesterday for breakfast.

See? I'm really trying here!


What you see is something called a Thai Rolled Omelette (yes, again via nom nom paleo) It was relatively easy to make and, despite looking a little overdone, still gloriously fluffy and tasty. Since it requires chopped herbs, it might be one of those weekend things...I'm not sure that I, or anyone else, has time in the busy morning to finely chop much of anything. Thinking about that, I guess you could keep some chopped herbs in your fridge ready to go. Might be something to consider, as this was indeed delicious. I added a side of avocado (just salted lightly) for some extra fat. Yes, I know, my plate is curiously void of any qualifying veggies. And no, I didn't have any raw carrots (gag me) or celery, or anything else after eating this yummy plate. Once it was done, I was done. End of story.

(I'll still try to get veggies in when possible (like leftovers from the night before in the fridge) but I was fresh out. I've decided I'm not going to push the veggie-in-the-morning thing for right now. I feel that as long as I'm getting plenty of other veggies into my other meals, I'm doing pretty good. )


In the afternoon, I was so busy working to prepare for tonight's supper (it requires a bit of time to marinade) and making some HOMEMADE MAYO that I somehow didn't get the normal belly rumblings telling me it was time to eat. (Trust me, I'm not one of those girls who just conveniently "forgets to eat", so this was a strange occurrence indeed.) It also may or may not have had something to do with how much fun I was having singing along with my cranked-up music and scaring my poor puppy Lucy. Nevertheless, when I looked up and saw that it was 2:00, I decided that I'd better get something in me before my dinner was spoiled (aren't you proud, Mom?). So, I had a half of an apple with almond butter and 2 hard boiled eggs topped with my brand-spanking-new mayo and some crumbled pancetta. Talk about yummy!

Why a half of an apple, you ask? Just keep reading, reading...(thanks to those of you who sang that a la Finding Nemo!)


Alright, here it is! These yummy Asian Chicken Thighs was super easy to create and extremely delicious! The only advance work needed is to make the marinade, which was as simple as throwing things into a blender. Then (after so many hours of marinading time) you bake it! As you can see, mine did retain some of the green color from the marinade, but honestly, that was my favorite part! It was very flavorful and added something special to regular chicken thighs. Want the recipe? Head on over to (you guessed it!) nom nom paleo. What? I can't help it if she is an amazing source for Whole 30 complaint meals. I do eventually want to create some of my own ideas to share here, but for right now, it's easier not to reinvent the wheel, if you know what I mean! We ate this with some roasted broccoli and carrots that we put in the oven along with the chicken thighs after 10 minutes of bake time. They turned out perfectly! What a welcome change from all that cabbage!

So, that's it for Day 5! What about you? Are you doing, or thinking of doing, the Whole 30 Challenge? If you already are, how are you doing? Finding any great meals lately?? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment